Nothing says holidays like the yummy scents and tastes it brings – think cinnamon, cloves, peppermint and, of course, cookies! And what better way to celebrate than to host a cookie swap. Not only do you get to share some holiday time with your friends, you can check off “baking” lots of different cookies on your holiday to-do list. After your swap you’ll have so many cookies you may end up freezing some! Try these tips for a fabulous cookie exchange.
- Determine how many cookies to bring. As your guests RSVP (and ask for replies early), you’ll have a good idea of how many people will be coming, and you can determine by that number how many cookies each person should bring. You’ll also know how many cookies each person can take home.
- Consider the transport. As the host, you can either supply a pretty, decorated box to each person in which to transport the cookies. Or you can suggest guests bring their own packaging/boxes to put their cookies in for taking home.
- Decorate the table(s). You should have one large surface or multiple surfaces in one room to display all the cookies as your guests arrive. Suggest to your guests they display them on pretty, holiday-themed trays for an extra festive flare. You can even ask your guests to bring some samples of their cookies to put out as snacks.
- Swap the cookies. Once it comes time to swap – let each guest know in advance how many cookies each person can take home. Or you can suggest each person prepackage their goodies for each one to take home using the number of cookies determined for each guest.
- Do a little good. In addition to the cookie swap, encourage your guests to bring an unwrapped toy or canned food to be donated to local community giving projects.
- Share recipes. Ask your guests to bring a copy of the recipe they chose to share, so everyone has a copy when they go home. Perhaps they’ll bake those items the following year!
Cornerstone Communities is building modern, innovative new construction homes across the county. Stunning eco-friendly townhomes are coming to Santee in 2022 at Laurel Heights. Additional new communities are also underway in Otay Mesa, La Mesa and Poway for 2023 and 2024. To learn more, visit our website at https://www.cornerstonecommunities.com/laurelheights/.