Themes for Kids’ Bedrooms
If you have children or teens at home, one of the most fun house decorating projects is their rooms. In these areas, you can collaborate with your kids to create a personal space they can enjoy for years to come. Imagination, organization and individuality are the keys to a successful children’s living area. We’ve come up with some fun themes for all ages and some décor ideas to get you started!
Themes For the Younger Set:
- Superhero – Start with brightly colored walls and themed bedding. Add shelving and baskets for superhero toys and personalize the space with a large, framed picture of your child dressed up as their favorite masked crusader!
- Nature – Pitch a small tent in the corner for the perfect reading nook and add nature-inspired wallpaper or paint a giant tree on the wall. Decorate in neutral colors, wicker baskets and use creams for the bedding.
- Transportation – Think planes, trains and automobiles. Paint clouds on the ceiling and create a play area with a road-inspired rug and baskets for cars and toys. If space is available add a train table in the corner and hang some colorful stuffed fabric airplanes from the ceiling.
Themes For the Teen Years:
- Travel – If your teen has traveled globally or throughout the United States, add a pin or scratch map where he/she can tick off locations visited. Use blues as your base color and display souvenirs on shelves. You could even add a giant map mural to one wall.
- Music – Music and teens are always the perfect duo. Frame favorite band posters, display concert ticket stubs on a corkboard, and if space is no issue, reserve a corner for an instrument of their choice like a keyboard or electronic drum set.
- Sports – This can be related to their favorite team, activity or all sports in general. Collect pennants from teams, add a basketball hoop to the back of the door and display old team jerseys in shadow boxes.
If you are continuing your search for a new home, please know Cornerstone Communities is still building homes throughout the county of San Diego and Temecula. To see our homes, we are offering virtual tours on our website, you can chat with us online or we can schedule a private in-person appointment with you.