Secrets of Organized Households
Some of us are on point when it comes to home organization. We all know these people…you go into their homes and everything is where it’s supposed to be, there’s minimum clutter and it looks and feels great! If you’re wondering “How do they do this?” this can be your life too! Follow these insider strategies and you’ll evoke the same reaction from your own visitors!
- Get the kids involved. There is no reason to do this all on your own! Engage your kids in age appropriate tidying activities like organizing their books by color, putting all their cars into a basket, putting games back into their baskets, etc.
- Be ready to donate. Have a dedicated box or basket in an accessible area like the garage or laundry room that each member of the family can toss items they no longer want including clothing, books and home décor items.
- Do it daily. Commit to a few minutes every day or before retiring to tidying and organizing. If the playroom is a mess after the kids are in bed, spend a few minutes to give it a once over, so it’s neat and tidy for the next day. Don’t leave dishes overnight in the sink and make sure items like shoes and coats are put away.
- If you can easily and mindlessly do two things at once, do it! For example, sort the junk drawer while you’re on the phone…unload the dishwasher while you’re waiting for your coffee to brew.
- A place for everything and everything in its place. This is a simple idea, but it can make a big difference. Make sure that paperwork has a home in a filing cabinet, that toys have storage spots, that clothes and shoes have a home and that miscellaneous items have a resting place that makes sense.
If you are continuing your search for a new home, please know Cornerstone Communities is still building homes throughout the county of San Diego and Temecula. To see our homes, we are offering virtual tours on our website, you can chat with us online or we can schedule a private in-person appointment with you