Derived from the Indian word “Temecunga” meaning the place of sun, Temecula is a pretty little historic community in the French Valley. Not just a fun place to visit, it’s an even lovelier place to live. From unique activities to award winning schools to hilly vineyards, Temecula is one of the last beautiful and truly affordable locations to own a home in Southern California.
If you’re a resident of this inland community your week might look a little like this:
- Each weekday your children will head off to one of the many highly rated schools in the area including five “silver badge” high schools rated by the 2018 U.S. News Best Schools List.
- For fresh fruits and vegetables on Saturday, you can shop at the Temecula Farmers Market where 70-80 farmers and vendors gather to supply the area with their fresh and often organic bounty and plants. Also available are handmade items like cheeses, olive oils, tamales, breads and soaps.
- Wake up early and enjoy a hot air balloon ride, a peaceful and beautiful way to view the Temecula Valley and its lush vineyards and rolling hills below.
- Nothing says date night or a night out with friends like wine tasting in one of the area’s more than 40 wineries. You may even want to have a little staycation and spend the night or a weekend at one of the many wine resorts complete with gourmet dining and spa activities.
- For some fun outings with the family and your visitors (who you’ll definitely have!), you can spend the day meandering through Old Town, a charming area celebrating days past. Or for the kids, head to the award-winning Temecula Children’s Museum where younger set can have fun with hands-on inventions and gadgets.
Settling into your new home is just the beginning of your new adventure. The next step will be to explore and experience this pretty SoCal area and its many activities and excursions for you and your family. Cornerstone Communities’ The Promontory is located in the peaceful north Temecula Valley Wine Region between Temecula and Murrieta just 37 miles northeast of Oceanside. Homesites start at 5,000 square feet and many boast spectacular views of the surrounding countryside.