Now that you’re settled into your new Cornerstone Communities home, you’re probably very excited to show off your beautiful Southern California house to your friends and family. And what better time than at the holidays! For some, this may be the first time they’ve had enough space to entertain a large group of people, so it’s common to be a little nervous. We’re here to help you plan a delicious and festive bounty everyone will remember!
- Delegate. You may want to be the shining star on the big day, but consider assigning tasks to those you live with. There’s no shame in sending your teenage kids or spouse off to the supermarket with a detailed shopping list. Of course, wait by the phone because you’ll likely get a call about the cranberries…
- Set the table in advance. If you can, set your dining table the night before. This will alert you to any last minute items you may still need for the perfect table presentation and you can tweak the details now rather than when everyone is in the room waiting to sit down.
- Stock up early. Get your shopping done sooner than later – before the Thanksgiving rush if possible – and store and freeze what you can. If you wait too long, the stores may not have that special item you’re counting on.
- Leave enough time for you. It may seem like a simple task, but make sure you have enough time to prepare yourself for your visitors. You don’t want to be running into the shower or drying your hair as your guests arrive. As you prepare your timeline for the day, add some minutes for personal prep.
- Relax and have fun! Remember that the end result of your efforts is to throw a relaxing, delicious and festive event for your closest friends and family. Not everything will be perfect – there may even be memorable disasters! – but you’ll all laugh at them and everyone will know you tried your best.
We hope you have a most wonderful time at Thanksgiving and that your home is filled with the special people in your life. No matter what you serve or how you decorate, your generosity and hospitality will be appreciated by all who attend. From our Cornerstone Community family to yours, we wish you a very happy Thanksgiving.