Grounds for data collection
Processing of your Personal Information (meaning, any information which may potentially allow your identification with reasonable means; hereinafter ” Personal Information “) is necessary for the performance of our contractual obligations towards you and providing you with our services, to protect our legitimate interests and for compliance with legal and financial regulatory obligations to which we are subject.
What information we collect
We collect two types of data and information from Users:
The first type of information is un-identified and non-identifiable information pertaining to a User(s), which may be made available or gathered via your use of the Site (“ Non-personal Information ”). We are not aware of the identity of a User from which the Non-personal Information was collected. Non-personal Information which is being collected may include your aggregated usage information and technical information transmitted by your device, including certain software and hardware information (e.g. the type of browser and operating system your device uses, language preference, access time, etc.) in order to enhance the functionality of our Site. We may also collect information on your activity on the Site (e.g. pages viewed, online browsing, clicks, actions, etc.).
The second type of information is Personal Information which is individually identifiable information, namely information that identifies an individual or may with reasonable effort identify an individual. Such Personal Information includes:
- Device Information: We collect Personal Information from your device. Such information includes geolocation data, IP address, unique identifiers (e.g. MAC address and UUID) and other information which relates to your activity through the Site.
- Registration information: When you register to our Site you will be asked to provide us certain details such as: full name; e-mail or physical address, and other information.
How We Receive Personal Information
When you interact with Cornerstone, we collect information from that interaction, for example:
- Your visits to and use of our website;
- Your voluntary submission of information online or in-person at our sales office in order to receive emails about our communities;
- Your email or other online correspondence to us;
- Your submittal of an employment application;
- Information you post online, including our Social Media pages;
We also may collect or information from third party providers, email or ad servers, data aggregators and analytics providers.
What Personal Information We Collect
How We Use Your Personal Information
We may use your Personal Information for the following:
- To communicate with you, such as sending notices regarding our services, providing you with technical information and responding to any customer service issue you may have;
- To serve you advertisements when you use our Site (see more under “Advertisements”);
- To market our websites and products (see more under “Marketing”);
- To conduct statistical, diagnostic and analytical purposes, intended to improve the Site and services.
- To combine this information with other information about you to supplement your user profile and to better provide you with services and use of our Site;
In addition to the different uses listed above, we may transfer or disclose Personal Information to our subsidiaries, affiliated companies and subcontractors.
- Hosting and operating our Site;
- Providing you with our services, including providing a personalized display of our Site;
- Providing you with information on products and services requested from such third parties;
- Storing and processing such Personal Information on our behalf;
- Serving you with advertisements and assist us in evaluating the success of our advertising campaigns and help us retarget any of our users;
- Providing you with marketing offers and promotional materials related to our Site and services; and
- Performing research, technical diagnostics or analytics.
We may also disclose information if we have good faith to believe that disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to: (i) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request; (ii) enforce our policies (including our Agreement), including investigations of potential violations thereof; (iii) investigate, detect, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities or other wrongdoing, suspected fraud or security issues; (iv) to establish or exercise our rights to defend against legal claims; (v) prevent harm to the rights, property or safety of us, our users, yourself or any third party; or (vi) for the purpose of collaborating with law enforcement agencies and/or in case we find it necessary in order to enforce intellectual property or other legal rights.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that your Personal Information is accurate, complete, and up-to-date. Depending on where you live, you may have some or all of the rights described below. California residents may have further rights related to the handling of their Personal Information under the California Consumer Privacy Act.
You may request to:
- Receive confirmation as to whether or not Personal Information concerning you is being processed, and access your stored Personal Information, together with supplementary information.
- Receive a copy of Personal Information you directly volunteer to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
- Request rectification of your Personal Information that is in our control.
- Request erasure of your Personal Information.
- Object to the processing of Personal Information by us.
- Request to restrict processing of your Personal Information by us.
- Lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
However, please note that these rights are not absolute, and may be subject to our own legitimate interests and regulatory requirements.
If you wish to exercise any of the aforementioned rights please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at:
ATTN: Privacy Requests
4365 Executive Drive, Suite 600
San Diego, CA 92121
We will retain your Personal Information for as long as necessary to provide our services, and as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our policies. Retention periods will be determined taking into account the type of information that is collected and the purpose for which it is collected, bearing in mind the requirements applicable to the situation and the need to destroy outdated, unused information at the earliest reasonable time. Under applicable regulations, we will keep records containing client personal data, account opening documents, communications and anything else as required by applicable laws and regulations.
We may rectify, replenish or remove incomplete or inaccurate information, at any time and at our own discretion.
A “cookie” is a small piece of information that a website assign to your device while you are viewing a website. Cookies are very helpful and can be used for various different purposes. These purposes include allowing you to navigate between pages efficiently, enable automatic activation of certain features, remembering your preferences and making the interaction between you and our Services quicker and easier. Cookies are also used to help ensure that the advertisements you see are relevant to you and your interests and to compile statistical data on your use of our Services.
The Site uses the following types of cookies:
- ‘session cookies’ which are stored only temporarily during a browsing session in order to allow normal use of the system and are deleted from your device when the browser is closed;
- ‘persistent cookies ‘ which are read only by the Site, saved on your computer for a fixed period and are not deleted when the browser is closed. Such cookies are used where we need to know who you are for repeat visits, for example to allow us to store your preferences for the next sign-in;
- ‘third party cookies’ which are set by other online services who run content on the page you are viewing, for example by third party analytics companies who monitor and analyze our web access.
Cookies do not contain any information that personally identifies you, but Personal Information that we store about you may be linked, by us, to the information stored in and obtained from cookies. You may remove the cookies by following the instructions of your device preferences; however, if you choose to disable cookies, some features of our Site may not operate properly and your online experience may be limited.
Third party collection of information
How do we safeguard your information?
Transfer of data outside the EEA
Please note that some data recipients may be located outside the EEA. In such cases we will transfer your data only to such countries as approved by the European Commission as providing adequate level of data protection, or enter into legal agreements ensuring an adequate level of data protection.
Rights of California Residents
California Rights under “Shine the Light” Law
The State of California enacted the Shine the Light law (CA Civil Code Sec 198.83) that permits customers who are California residents to request certain information. California residents may request a list of the types of customer information we provided to third parties for their direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we have shared such information during the past calendar year. We will provide the information to you free of charge within 30 days of your request. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com.
California residents may have further rights related to the handling of their Personal Information under the California Consumer Privacy Act
California consumers have the right to direct a business not to sell their personal information to others (“Right to Opt-Out”). While Cornerstone Communities does not “sell” your Personal Information in the traditional sense, it may share your information with third parties. California residents may have certain rights related to this information, including the right to ask that we “Do Not Sell Your Personal Information,” the right to ask that we Delete your Personal Information, or the right to request Access to the categories or specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you. California residents also have the right to not be treated differently by Cornerstone Communities in response to your decision to exercise any of these rights.
California consumers have the right to request that Cornerstone Communities delete any personal information about the consumer which Cornerstone Communities has collected from the consumer, subject to a range of exclusions permitted by law. For example, Cornerstone Communities is not required to delete personal information if it is necessary to complete a transaction, reasonably used for an ongoing business relationship, or used internally in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which the consumer provided the information. You can exercise your rights listed above by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to
ATTN: Privacy Requests
4365 Executive Drive, Suite 600
San Diego, CA 92121
Please note that in order for a request to be verifiable (including verification of your identity and your California residency), you may be required to confirm information that we have on file for you; including email address, phone numbers, full names, addresses and other personal information. We reserve the right to deny a consumer request if the identity or authority of the requesting party cannot be confirmed.
We will respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of receiving it, subject to delays and exclusions permitted by law. If we require more time to respond, we will let you know the reason why and extension period in writing.
We may use a third-party advertising technology to serve advertisements when you access the Site. This technology uses your information with regards to your use of the Services to serve advertisements to you (e.g., by placing third-party cookies on your web browser).
[Add information regarding opt-out options from personalized advertisements, such as:] You may opt-out of many third-party ad networks, including those operated by members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) and the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”). For more information about this practice by NAI and DAA members, and your choices regarding having this information used by these companies, including how to opt-out of third-party ad networks operated by NAI and DAA members, please visit their respective websites: http://optout.networkadvertising.org/#!/ and http://optout.aboutads.info/#!/.
We may use your Personal Information, such as your name, email address, telephone number, etc. ourselves or by using our third party subcontractors for the purpose of providing you with promotional materials, concerning our services, which we believe may interest you.
Out of respect to your right to privacy we provide you within such marketing materials with means to decline receiving further marketing offers from us. If you unsubscribe we will remove your email address or telephone number from our marketing distribution lists.
Please note that even if you have unsubscribed from receiving marketing emails from us, we may send you other types of important e-mail communications without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them. These may include customer service announcements or administrative notices.
We understand the importance of protecting children’s privacy, especially in an online environment. The Site is not designed for or directed at children. Under no circumstances shall we allow use of our services by minors without prior consent or authorization by a parent or legal guardian. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from minors. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with Personal Information without their consent, he or she should contact us at email@example.com.